You have a domain controller running Windows Small Business Server 2003, and you have a domain joined Windows 7 Professional workstation. On this workstation is a user named Joe who uses a laptop and works remotely. The user used to be able to sync his files and folders when coming back to the office on his old XP laptop, but can’t any longer with his Windows 7 laptop.
Since Joe received his new laptop he has activated Offline Files numerous times and has done exactly as the computer asks of him which is to restart to allow this to work. Once Joe reboots the machine Offline Files is still inactive.
- Open up registry editor by hitting the Windows-key + R and typing regedit followed by hitting enter.
- On the left hand side browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc\Paramaters
- If there isn’t a Paramaters key (folder) please create one.
- Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc\Paramaters, add a new DWORD value called FormatDatabase and set its value to 1.
- Reboot your PC and voila Offline Files works.