You have a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 DC and you want to redirect the default User and Computer OU since you usually dont prestage AD.
For this solution I’m using a Clients OU and a People OU located in the root of AD. The domain name im using as an example is the Contoso.Com domain. Depending on where your OU’s are your command vill look a tad different due to the CN.
On the Server 2008 R2 DC Machine:
- Click Start and in the search field type CMD
- Right click on CMD and choose Run as Administrator.
- Browse to the system32 folder by using this command: cd %systemroot%\system32
- Type the following to redirect the default User OU to your People OU:
- Type the following to redirect the default Computer OU to your Clients OU:
- After this is done go ahead and close the command prompt.
Now every user account and computer account that isn’t prestaged will wind up in the Clients and People OU. Go ahead and try joining a new pc to the domain to see for yourself.